1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R over 6gig

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by WKD, Sep 26, 2002.

1. WKD

WKD Guest

is there a guide or can someone point me in the direction of one for making a back-up of a dvd which is over say 6 or 7 gigs with also having the menu kept. I've tried two so far but each time right near the end of the process it goes wrong.

2. Modman

Modman Guest

WKD,

I take it you know about dv5 and dvd-9, well if you plan on keeping the munu kept more than likly it won't fit on to a single disc you need to go 2 disc. here is the process for splittling the movie into 2 discs. I mean I am no expert at this too, I'm still learning but have done 2 complete burns so far. just follow this example it works and it's clear, got it off the fourms, YOu should proably print this out, That is what I do I have over 50 printed pages out on this stuff comes in handy.

Cut-n-Dry Splitting Procedure.

After performing this procedure, you will end up with two discs, each containing a DVD Menu.

Step 1.

Using SmartRipper or DVD Decrypter, rip your DVD completely (all files) to your Hard Drive into a folder named

'VIDEO_TS'

and make sure the folder name is uppercase.

Step 2.

Prepare two empty directories and name them DVD1 and DVD2. Within each of these directories, create a directory called 'VIDEO_TS'.

Step 3.

Start IFOEdit and load VIDEO_TS. Select [DVD PLAY] and wait until movie starts. Then Exit from IFOEdit. A window will be displayed informing you of what Titles played. Make a note of these.

Step 4.

Determine what set of VOB’s is your Main Movie. Then, start IFOEdit again and load the VTS_xx_0.IFO of the main movie. ( xx is the set number, eg. 03 )

Press the button [VOB Extras] . A dialog box will appear, allowing you to select what processes you want to do. The standard options are already selected for you.

Select the [Strip Streams] option also. DO NOT select [Strip VOB ID’s].

Down at the bottom, select the DVD1 and DVD2 directories you created. The button with the dot in it will allow you to browse for each directory

Press the [OK] button.

A dialog box will be displayed containing the chapters. I usually pick somewhere in the middle and not on a cell.

Another dialog box will be displayed containing the Audio Info. The two obvious selections should already be made for you.

When ready, press the [Split It] button and the process will start.

Step 5.

IFOEdit created a new IFO file and VOB files of your movie in the specified destination directories.

There are some files missing that you need to copy into BOTH directories.

VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.VOB

VTS_xx_0.VOB ( xx is the main movie set, eg 03)

You will also need to copy the set or sets from Step 3. Example, IFOEdit returned that it used Titles 1,2 and 4. Sets 1 and 2 pointed to VTS_01 and 4 pointed to VTS_3 (the main movie).

You will need to copy all VTS_01_x files to both directories also.

Close IFOEdit.

Step 6.

Open VIDEO_TS in DVD1 folder with IFOEdit and press 'Get VTS Sectors' to correct all start sectors. When asked, click 'Yes' to correct all IFO files.

Press the [Region free] button. If IFOEdit tells you that No RCE checking was found, click on the [Save] button and skip to Step 7.

If RCE checking was found, you must load each IFO file and repeat the 'Region free' procedure, saving each one.

Step 7.

Open VIDEO_TS in DVD2 folder with IFOEdit and press 'Get VTS Sectors' to correct all start sectors. When asked, click 'Yes' to correct all IFO files.

Press the [Region free] button. If IFOEdit tells you that No RCE checking was found, click on the [Save] button and skip to Step 8.

If RCE checking was found, you must load each IFO file and repeat the 'Region free' procedure, saving each one.

Step 8.

Your all set. Burn the Disc’s.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Another option is DVD Shrink. It's free, will rip your movies in generally 30 to 40 minutes.
    It allows you to compress your larger DVD-9's to the necessary 4.36GB keep in or remove menus and trailers (re-author) and provides you with a nice neat VIDEO_TS folder for you to have Nero or CloneDVD burn for you.
    Head down this-a-way to download the program and read their step by step guide - using their guide you can be done in 4 to 5 mouse clicks -

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink.htm

Have a good day ;-)
    "P"

4. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

5. koola

koola Guest

Here's a animated CloneDVD guide.

Link below