1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R Photo Slide Show

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Helfire, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Helfire

Helfire Member

Hey guys how you's all doin?!

Was just wondering if anyone knew of a good free program that will allow me to make a slide show of my digital photos?

I have Sony Vaios 'Click to DVD' but that isnt that great and is pretty slow with ugly menus!

I want the program to let me:

1. Have decent DVD type menu navigation
    2. To put music in the background (ie. mp3)
    3. And hopefully the program wont take up too much space if possible!

Thanx alot, really appriciate it!

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Us's all doin gooder.

Ain't no free lunch, Helfire.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

actually there is a program that might interest you and yes i do believe that it incorporates a function to be able to make a slide show and then burn it to dvd.
    Its a priceless piece of software but you will have to work out the other functions your self.

Simply called 'picasa2

software description:

A free software download from Google.
    Picasa is software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the pictures on your PC. Every time you open Picasa, it automatically locates all your pictures (even ones you forgot you had) and sorts them into visual albums organized by date with folder names you will recognize. You can drag and drop to arrange your albums and make labels to create new groups. Picasa makes sure your pictures are always organized.

Picasa also makes advanced editing simple by putting one-click fixes and powerful effects at your fingertips. And Picasa makes it a snap to share your pictures – you can email, print photos home, make gift CDs, instantly share via Hello™, and even post pictures on your own blog.

and yes heres a link for you as well:

http://www.picasa.com/index.php?tid=Y2NpZD0zNzY3

@bilbo65:

do you really think your comments helped a newbie get his question answered or at the very least couldnt you have pointed him in the right direction or better yet not have posted at all.

4. Helfire

Helfire Member

Thanx alot andmerr will check it out now...

Thanx

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

no probs , let me know how you fare

andmerr

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

ok the proggy that I'm recommending isn't free but is very cheap.....
    http://www.vso-software.fr/photodvd.htm
    unlike most that limit how many you can put in the project, this one is only limited by the space of the disc which could be thousands of photos. It does have a free trial.....

7. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Helfire, Nero's NeroVision Express (part of Nero Suite) can do slide shows on DVD with a menu structure and sounds. Make sure you use latest NVE 3. NVE 2 was somewhat buggy.