1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R playback help

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by macho271, Oct 15, 2004.

1. macho271

macho271 Member

Hi, I bought some "That's Write 4x DVD+R 4,7GB 25-pack Cake Box" and burned some dvds.. They worked fine on my computer dvdplayer, but on my samsung SV-DVD440 standalon dvdplayer they did not work fine.. The freezes often and sometimes just stops..! What can that be? Is it that the dvd+r I bought is crap quality? If it is, can you recommend "Samsung Pleomax 4x DVD+R 4,7GB 25-pack Cake Box" ?
    So fun to waste money on 25dvd+r that dont work!

And yes, my dvdplayer plays dvd+r's...

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved*

3. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

You're probably right about the disks being crappy quality.

The problem in these cases is usually the standalone DVD player. Some are more "picky" than others about the quality/brand of disk used.

Most knowledgeable members recommend Ritek or Verbatim.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  4. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

I use generic DVDs all the time and occasionally different name brand discs and the name brand ones fail just as often as the generic DVDs, if not more often.

Finding the right DVD player is the key. I researched for a few weeks before settling on the JVC XVN40. It plays +/- etc. and is relatively inexpensive. (I read a lot of reviews from users before settling on this one and I ordered it off the Net - had to order from Montana and I'm in Florida because a lot of people didn't have them in stock). If you do DivX that, of course, is another matter altogether. Good luck.