1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-/+ r playback issue

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fowler279, Jun 7, 2003.

1. fowler279

fowler279 Member

I have a pioneer dv-250 player, a sony +/- dvd burner as well as a apex dvd player. When i make a backup copy of a dvd they will play in the apex (both formats) but not in the pioneer (neither format) i am using dvd x copy to acomplish the copy. Am i doing something wrong? Please help me! Thanks

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

No you are not doing anything wrong but your Pioneer is not comaptible with the media you are using. This is not unusual since some DVD players will not play certain discs. Check the DVD-R media and playback threads.

3. fowler279

fowler279 Member

i have used both memorex and verbatim disks and neither work. Ive looked everywhere for answers and havent found anything out.

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Maybe worthwhile to consider a different burning program aswell.

I had compatibilty issues when I started - using nero, there were several options that could be used however, all options worked - but not one was universal, if u know what I mean.

I then changed to recordnowmax - and this is the one I stick with now as I don't suffer from compatibilty issues now - however cheapo media can result in skipping/freezing during playback but I believe the ritek branded media are thought to be good 'solid' discs.

Reviews for your player pioneer dv250 - seem to be pretty positive concerning +r/-r playback.
    (www.dvdrhelp.com)