1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R playback issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cola81, Sep 27, 2004.

1. cola81

cola81 Member

I am using a LG GSA4040B DVD Decrypter/DVD-Shrink/Nero 6 Memorex 8x DVD-R for backing up DVD's. All previous media 4x played fine on my Panasonic RV-31, but these Memorex 8x have glitches near the begining and end. I noticed that a few of my other discs that were burnt months ago are starting to do the same(4x). All discs have been burnt at 2x. All the discs play fine on my compputer and PS2, just not on the DVD player. Does anybody know if this is a specific media problem or is there something that can be happening to my DVD player(laser, allignment). It is three years old so any help would be great because my extended warranty is running up soon.

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

If you cruise around the forum some you'll find that Memorex is not a very reputable media provider. They use different companies to manufacture their discs and not all of them have the highest of quality standards. Kind of a gamble of whether or not you'll be buying crap discs or not if you buy Memorex. Most "glitches" , "jitters" and so forth can be attributed to junk media. Take a cruise through the DVDR media forum and gather some recommendations on what you should be buying.