1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r playback issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by harrydet, Apr 17, 2005.

1. harrydet

harrydet Member

I recently purchased a dvd burner (Iomega Super DVD writer 16x) and am new to all of this. I've been using the program NeroVision express to burn my stuff but I am having problems with dvd's that have more then one "chapter" or movie on them.

For example I tried to make a dvd with simpsons episodes and each episode is a different video file. So they are broken up into "chapters" in the dvd menu. I am using my xbox as my dvd player. Only the problem is that only the first clip never works. I can highlight the first episode and press play and it plays fine. But if I select any other episode from the menu, when I press play the screen goes black and nothing happens. It doesn't freeze because I can go back to the menu but the video just never plays.

This has happened with any multiple video clip dvd I have made so far. The thing is that if I try the dvd's in a regular dvd player (ie not an xbox) it I will be able to play the other videos, only they are cut short sometimes and have some bad playback (but again the first clip is mostly fine). But if I play them on my computer they play fine all around. So I know the xbox is not the best choice for playing, and I know I am probably not using the best media right now (Staples DVD-R). I guess what I am asking is, are my issues mostly like with the xbox, the media, or the burning software?

Sorry if my wording is confusing. Thanks for any help.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

you know and answered yourself! its the media! get some ritek go5, good for xbox / ps2 / dvd players....