1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R playback on a DVD-R recorder

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by slnixon, Oct 20, 2004.

1. slnixon

slnixon Member

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows how to burn a +R disc where it will play on my Panasonic DVD-R recorder...keeps coming up with disc error. Who came up with the damn +R format anyway??!! It sucks!!

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

what Model of Panasonic you got, my friend !

By the way , DVD-R are on their way out -- people are hungry for burning faster, so the DVD+R was developed for that !

3. slnixon

slnixon Member

It's the E80H. I can't get it to play a +R no matter how or what I use to burn. Seems like the -R format is more compatible with my other DVD players. Thanks for the replies...

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Look at your User Manual -- It cannot and will not recognize DVD+R -- if there is something to be done -- it's with your recorder/player --- not the software to burn your +R media . Look online and see if there is a firmware update to change that on your recorder/player -- the local shop may have a patch for it.

Less you can fool that Recorder/player by changing the book type to DVD-Rom on the media , i dont see any other solution then you getting DVD-R media to do your burning
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004