1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R playback on TV

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by mace07, Apr 28, 2005.

1. mace07

mace07 Member

Hi folks,

I'm pretty new to this whole thing. I've burnt some videos i edited onto DVD-R using TMPGEnc. The video plays fine on my PC -- correct size, everything showing on screen. But when i play it on my dvd player on the TV, the size is larger than the screen -- the outer edges of the video are off-screen. i can fix this manually using the zoom function on the remote to make the image smaller but i'd like for people to be able to just pop the dvd in their dvd player and watch it in it's correct size (i should mention that this is my actor's reel -- i intend to send it out to agents and casting directors). i'm wondering if this is possibly a problem with the DVD player settings? i encoded and burned the DVD to NTSC DVD standards 4:3. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. mace07

mace07 Member

anyone? any ideas?

3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Without knowing the source file aspect and framesize, and how you encoded it, in what encoder, and how you authored it, nobody can give much help.

4. mace07

mace07 Member

ok. hard for me to know that until someone says so. i'll see what i can find out.