1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R plays and then skips

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bjob34, Nov 8, 2003.

1. bjob34

bjob34 Member

I burnt a region free dvd on my sony DRU-500A
    It plays perfectly on my computer. WHen i put it into my nec dvd player though it plays perfectly for about 80 minutes then stops reading and starts skipping all over the place. WHen it skips though it is not displayed on the tv screen. It is like the dvd player is trying to find its place but it can't. Why does it play on powerdvd on the computer but does not play correctly on my dvd player. CAN ANYone help. I used GO TECH DVD-R media.

2. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Try using some better media like TDK, Ritek, Maxell and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep in mind that it is common that a disk that plays in your computer will not play at the standalone. Actually that is the problem most of the people have and the solution is usually the media they are using or the way they burn the disc.

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

media, definitely media. I concur.
    Poor media is susceptible especially at the outer edges of the disc where the disc is spinning faster and a little warp will screw up the burn/playback.
    To salvage this media, you can compress at a higher rate (smaller file) with dvd shrink or dvd2one(e.g. set size limit to 4200 mb instead of 4400.