1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R plays for 1h20min and then stuffs up

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ttb4, Aug 25, 2004.

1. ttb4

ttb4 Member

Hey guys,
    This is my first post on this forum. I just got a DVD burner (LG 4082-B super multi drive) and its been a real pain trying to use a hundred different programs to convert/burn all sorts of files. Anyways I'm using Princo 4speed Dvd-r (Im aware of many people sayin how bad it is) but ive had a resonable amount of success with it. The thing thats rather stranage is that ive copied DVD's straight from DVD to DVD without going to the hard drive and they've worked fine, played perfect in the stand alone DVD Player. However files that have been downloaded off the internet and converted will not play properly. I use TMPG and ISO edit. Its really weird. I burnt this 2 hour movie (many attemps at encoding/burning) and most of the time the movie will play up till about 1h and 23min (give or take a few minutes on different burns/different movies) and then it will refuse to play despite the movie being much longer (2 hour movies). Anyone got any ideas besides a change of media (which i will be trying soon). Anyone experienced a similar problem??

Thanks for your help

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Its probably the media, princo is very low quality, get some ritek. Does the movie play fine on your computer past that point?

3. lfx

lfx Member

Im having the same problem with the movie The Girl Next Door that converted from and to... avi to dvd, when playing on my stand alone dvd player it will freeze at chapter but will not go any further.

I decided to play it in my dvdrom drive and it played perfectly then i placed it back into my stand alone dvd player and it played perfectly.... then i watched the movie again and it still stopped at chapter 7 so i tryed adding it in my dvdrom drive and it play perfectly again... then i added it back into my stand alone dvd player and for some reason it didnt work :( whys this happening. I'm buring at 8x, i will give out the dvd drive-dvdr disks media names later when i get back home.

Thanks to anyone that helps me.

LFX

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you want to continue using that cheap media, I suggest dropping your burn speed to at least 4x. Some members suggest going to 2x with Princo.

Jerry