1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd +r question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rbakersc, May 3, 2004.

1. rbakersc

rbakersc Member

hey everybody. well, after buying a new dvd player i'm as close as i've ever been to being able to play dvd's i burned. i used dvd shrink 3.1 and nero 6.3.1.6 to burn. i followed the instructions here http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm as closely as possible (slightly different versions). first, when i drag my video_ts file into the box to burn it, a message comes up telling me if i want to be able to play it in stand-alone players, i should use a dvd compilation or something like that (i'm using dvd udf/iso as it says to in the guide above). so, i go to play it and here's what i get. i can watch the fbi warning, and about five seconds of that blue screen telling me the following preview is rated R. so, obviously the whole thing isn't being burned. i'm dragging the whole video_ts file to be burned, and i didn't mess with the "main movie" at all on dvd shrink. anyone have any ideas? i'd appreciate any help, i've been trying to get this to work for months. thanks, rob

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi rbakersc, Go into the DVDshrink settings and check the box to auto burn with Nero. Shrink will start Nero automatically when its ready to burn and will put the files in the proper place for you. No guess work to do.

Jerry

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi guys,

Yep you don't even need to open Nero, just have it on your PC. Make sure you set your burner as your "Target Device" in Shrink.

How have you been Jerry? You were kinda scarce around here for a while. Good to see you here again!

Cheers,
    Frank

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Frank, Things at work have gone nuts lately. I'm trying to train a few extra assistant managers so I get my time off back to normal. Been working 10-12 hr days watching over 2 different stores at the same time. Hope to get back to a regular schedule soon.

Jerry

5. rbakersc

rbakersc Member

thanks for the help, guys. that worked great, can't believe how easy it was. thanks again, rob

6. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

You've been trying for months? You should have asked much sooner, people here are very knowledgeable for the most part. At least you attempted the guides and tried to get things to work on your own (best way to learn).