1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R Quit working

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Vipeq, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Vipeq

Vipeq Member

My year old dvdr just quit working recently for no reason I can find. Put a blank or data disk in and it chirps a few times like its reading then spins up to high speed and stays like that untill you eject. Every way I look at it says it's working, uninstalled & reinstalled, cleaned everything I can think of but no go. HELP I want my burner
    Thanks

2. john179

john179 Active member

This could be several things something stuck on the laser or that laser has broken down.It could be something else broken inside.Have you tried different types of media in the writer to see if it does the same with all.You may want to visit the web site of the drive maker to see if this problem happens with this particular drive.

3. Vipeq

Vipeq Member

Thanks John for the tips, seems to read DVD's good but other media just spins up. Is that a software problem or hardware??

4. john179

john179 Active member

Sounds like a hardware problem.I would try putting several types of media in and see if you can get anything to be reconized.If not best bet is to get hold of the support line of the maker of your burner for some advise.