1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R+R-R+R? WHa...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Haco, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Haco

Haco Guest

Ok heres the q.. ive always backed up my movies using -r's and i have a friend whos.. well.. not smart with computers and couldnt figure out the whole backing up thing.. so he gave me his blank media.. its +r.. i have a DVD+-R dual layer burner.. so i [bold]assume[/bold] that i can burn to them.. now would my dvd player reject these by any chance? and if so is there a way i can force-format these to be recognized as -r's?

thanks for helping a newbie..

Haco

2. kocher

kocher Regular member

no u cant force format them to -r, but just burn a movie on them and try it in ur dvd player if it works, ur good. if not just stick witht the +r.

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Many burning programs have an option to "Booktype DVD+R(W) to DVD-ROM". This should increase +R compatibility with players. I personally have never used this because my DVD player plays all formats. I know Nero has it and so does DVD Decrypter.

4. Haco

Haco Guest

the booktype thing is what i was hearing about.. im going to try just burning it today.. my dvd player is fairly new and hasnt not played anything yet.. *crosses fingers* thanks guys