1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd+r RECORDABLE

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mong69, Feb 12, 2005.

1. mong69

mong69 Guest

ANY ONE please help! I'm a new bie to this Ijust bought a jvc dvd+r recordable and copy movie with dvd shrink but when i trying to erase it with nero start smart keep come up with this this disc are not erasable can any one help and can any one tell me what is dvd+rw and dvd+recordable RW. thank you.mong69

2. macey

macey Guest

"can any one tell me what is dvd+rw and dvd+recordable RW"

Hi, the "glossary" at the top of this page can tell you and alot of others.

:)macey

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You are probably having trouble with the dvd+r recordable. These are just plain + or - r's. A lot of blank media,"discs" will have a small rw on them.That little rw will be in a small box and it's more like a logo.It doesn't mean it's rewriteable.

I had a seller on ebay trying to sell fuji -rw 8x's. Clearly looking at his picture,it had the small box with rw and listed them as rw "re-writeable".They also haven't put 8x rw's on the market yet.

You want to look at the largest letters for dvd+r or dvd-r.

If it is trully re-writeable, then those large letters will state: DVD+RW or DVD-RW. Just ignore the small rw that is on some media.Usually that little rw logo will be on the opposite side of where the larger dvd+r is printed on top of the disc.

You have dvd+r media,therefore you cannot erase it. The RW media is a lot more expensive.It is handy to have around to practice with.