1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R/RW speed for ILO DVDR04

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by aferretti, Jan 21, 2005.

1. aferretti

aferretti Guest

Hi,

Does anybody can help me on finding the best media speed for this recorder? I found 4X, 8X, 16X media and do not know which one to use.

Thanks,

2. tafkam

tafkam Guest

I am no expert but I would think 4x because that is the recording speed of the unit. The 4x would probably be the cheapest media and anything over that would be overkill.

I think I saw somewhere that the newer versions of the Ilo are 8x speed but I don't know if you can tell from the outside of the box or not, I think you have to go by some numbers on the system screen to see what speed writer is in there.

That being said, the faster media should work as long as it is backwards compatible to 4x. But, you are just spending extra money for nothing.

I also have seen a few posts where folks were having issues with either Memorex or Maxell disks, I forget which. I have not had my ilo long but have had good results with TDK media. I bought some Fuji disks but have not tried them yet.

3. tafkam

tafkam Guest

Oh, one other thing, to see which model you have, either the newer 8x or the older 4x, see the instructions on http://www.ss3f.com/ilo/ This is a great help to all of us with the Ilo recorders. Thanks to who ever posted this stuff and hacked the firmware upgrades!!!!!! I think it was adam????