1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R Says its too big!! When I go to Burn..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Monte_SS, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Monte_SS

Monte_SS Member

Ok I am trying to make a back up of my movie Platoon. I used DVD Shrink 3.2 to decode the file
    i followed all the Steps on Doom9.com and when I go to burn the file it says its 4.5g so it should fit on the DVD but when i go threw nero and burn it, it says the file is too big for the dvd. I tried two different kinds of dvd's TDK's and Compro Please help me!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Monte_ss, 4.5gig won't fit a blank dvd. Max size for a blank is 4.36gig. You need to set the target size in Shrink to 4300(4.3gig). Don't believe the 4.7 gig written on blank media. The size is calculated different. 4.36 gig is about all you can fit.

Jerry

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Are you using the Deep Analysis feature? Shrink can sometimes miscalculate the target size when doing a large film without the deep analysis :)

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

When Shrink is open, there is a bar(usually green). Is that bar green or is there some red? Are you checking all the audio selections?

5. Monte_SS

Monte_SS Member

even if the bar is green it still says that it wont fit. I even tried picking just 1 file to put on it and it still would not work.