1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd+r speeds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CkrtAznMn, Feb 9, 2005.

1. CkrtAznMn

CkrtAznMn Member

do i need to update my drivers or firmware to use the 8x blank dvds? i had been using 4x and they worked fine. when i tried to use the 8x ones, they seemed to work fine, reading the dvd i was backing up, but when it came time to burn to the disk it didn't work. it looked like it was working, leds were flashing, but it took longer than normal and it didn't actually write anything. it came out as blank as it went in. what is up with that? i'm using dvdxcopy by the way. could my writer be broken?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Iv had DVDXcopy do that to me as well before. I junked the program cause it screwed up 2 DVD drives 1 of mine and 1 of my friends. Went back to DVDShrink but now im using Nero Recode2 anyway when you do a backup you shouldnt burn over 4x anyway. If you go over 4x your taking a chance of a bad backup. SLower the burn the better.

3. CkrtAznMn

CkrtAznMn Member

my burner is pretty old, so i'm not even sure if it can burn over 4x. is there a way to set the speed in dvdxcopy? or at least check it? i've never had problems with it before these new disks. is it the disks themselves?

4. CkrtAznMn

CkrtAznMn Member

anyone know how to check the burn speed in dvdxcopy?