1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R will not play

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rajaijah, Dec 15, 2004.

1. rajaijah

rajaijah Member

I am new to the forum and also new to backing up dvds. I bought a new NEC-ND3500A 16X dual layer writer and FUJI 8X DVD-R spindle.

i tried to backup one of my DVDs "RONIN" using DVD Decrypter . the movie was less than 4.3 GB and i was able to backup a copy to my HD. i also burnt it on one of the DVD-R at 4X. no problems so far. no errors too. then i got the dvd-r and tried playing in my pioneer HTD-510DV player but doesnt play. i put the disk back on my dvd-rw drive and the computer shows no data on the disk. used space : 0MB available space 0MB.

can anyone tell me whats happening. i am doing something wrong.
    does the DVD-R where movie is copied show that 4.3GB or so used up is used up or just show 0GB.

thanx
    raaj

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Looks like media problem, but you could at least check the contents of the dvd as you would with any ordinary data disks to see if the video files are there.

3. rajaijah

rajaijah Member

I figured out. When i copied the DVD to HD 2 files were there. a ISO file and a .MDS file. when i tried to copy it to the DVD using DVD Decrypter i selected the ISO file and it automatically dispalyed a window saying "you should have selected the .mds file . I will do this for you this time" and it selected the .mds file and tehn i burnt the dvd and i had the problem I previously said. yesterday I moved the .mds file to different folder and now i selected the ISO file since thats the only one available now and DVD Decrypter didnt pop up anywindow but let me select and I wrote the DVD without any problem and plays perfect on my pioneer DVD player.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Funny it worked out that way for you. I don't use Decrypter often, but when I do, I always select .mds as instructed.
    Anyway, congratulations for the problem solved.