1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+r with different players - Compatibility problems!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by paresh, Jan 8, 2004.

1. paresh

paresh Member

HI, just made a copy of American wedding 3 with a Dvd+r(Khypermedia), using DVD Shrink 3.0 Beta 5 and then Nero version 6.0.0.15, with a optowrite 8x Dvd writer.
    It works fine on the 2 Dvd drives i have on my desktop, it also plays fine on the Playstation 2, just for kicks i tried paying it on my Toshiba laptop (Satellite 5105-S607), but the Dvd drive cannot recognise the Dvd+R.
    I get the Following error message with the heading the DISK IS NOT FORMATTED and the pop up says " Windows cannot read from this Disk. The Disk might be corrupted or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows.".
    Tried unistalling the current Aspi drivers 4.7 and installed the old one 4.6 but that did not seem to work, reinstalled 4.7 drivers back again but yet have the same problem.
    If any one has any suggestions please let me know, cause it would sure help making the Dvd+r compatible with more DVD players, cheers, thanks a ton in advance

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

clearly, your toshiba dvd-rom drive will not play dvd+r. this is not too uncommon.

it is not a matter of making the dvd+r compatible with more, it is a matter of just being compatible or not. I bet it would play dvd-r, but you would have to test to find out or check out: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

3. paresh

paresh Member

Thanks so much for the info, i tried a Dvd-R and it worked fine, i assume Dvd+Rw will also not work in that case, so i'm off to get myself a bunch of Dvd-RW, cheers !!