1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R xbox 1 backups for 360

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Binkys, Jan 20, 2007.

1. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Thanks for the reply.
    I tried Xbox Backup Creator 2.3 but it just hung at about 85% on a few games.
    That's why I tried schtrom.
    I've just downloaded xbc 2.4, so will try that later as well.
    So far so good.

It's all part of the fun, if it was too easy then there wouldn't any real satisfaction when it does work!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

i was really surprised at how easy it actually was to copy an original game and make a back up. I thought the process would be much much harder. (like the regular xbox and learning all that FTP stuff) But to my amazement XBC did it with 2 simple clicks, and with IMGburn all i had to do was manually set the correct layer break and so far out of all of the games i have done (about 25-30) i tested about 10-12 and every single one worked.
    Which is great considering he price of dual layer discs.

3. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

How do you know where to set the layer break?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

5. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Fantastic!
    Thanks for the info

6. steimy

steimy Active member

no problem. Burn on my brother....burn on. LOL

7. l2iceboy

l2iceboy Member

hey, my xbox360 has the 5.2firmware on it, when i put in my Halo2 xbox backup, the system gives the "this original xbox game is not supported" message.
    now you updated it on your flashed drive, i noticed in the guide it says that you update two things, the backwards compatibility and also the system software. did you update both of these and your system can read xbox backups such as Halo2 on dvd-r? everything is fine? xbox360backups still work?

8. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Is it only 360's with the samsung DVD rom drive that will play Xbox 1 backups.

I think that is the case, that's why I needed to wait for mine to be delivered, as the guy has to sift those units out from the fest that he gets delivered.

MS28 TS-H943 is the type I think, if you've already got that drive then ignore this and hopefully someone else will sort it for you.

9. l2iceboy

l2iceboy Member

hey, yea i got the samsung drive, but i dont want to update the backward compatibility until someone can help lead me in the right direction with this...i've got a flashed drive, works with my xbox360 backups, but when i put in Halo2 backup, it says that "this original xbox game is not supported..." tellin me to go to the xbox site to check for compatibility...so yea, i dont know whether this update will mess with my flashed drive...

10. steimy

steimy Active member

yes only the samsung running the newest Extreme52 firmware.
    I have an Xbox 1 so i never bothered with the backwards compatibility. Not like you will see any improvements in gameplay or graphics anyway really. I have the systems right next to each other so if i want to play Xbox 1 games i just fire that system up. It is running with component cables so i do not think my picture quality would improve enough though the 360 to reburn all my games.
    Only thing i know is i was told you have to rip them from an original in the same manner as the 360 games, which you can only do if you have the samsung PC DVD-Rom drive needed to read original Xbox and Xbox 360 games on your PC.

11. l2iceboy

l2iceboy Member

yea...so is there a point in me updating the backwards compatibility? i have the 5.2 firmware(dont know if it's LATEST, i read someone havin 5.2D? i dont know if it's this exactly), but anyway, yea so are u saying that original xbox backups will not work? that i would have to reburn everything in the manner of xbox360 style? cuz i have Halo2 but it is backed up for original xbox, not in any special xbox360 way...

but yea, i still havent gotten a clear answer to my main question:

"i have 5.2 firmware, can i download the backwards compatibility patch off the xbox website and install it on my xbox, update without fear of messing up my flashed drive?" and if so, should i even bother updating the backwards compatibility if i only have original xbox backups(on DVD-R) and do NOT plan to reburn onto dvd+rDL?

sorry hopefully my question is clear enough, i had an original xbox n sold that, but i have some games leftover, i sold my original halo2 since the buyer didnt want the backup copy of it...

thanks.

12. neophile

neophile Member

Your hacked firmware will not be affected by updating your xbox 360, so you can safely play xbox 1 backups. That being said, however, you would still need to reburn those xbox backup games to conform to the raw data requirements for playback in the xbox 360. In short, if you are not going to reburn your xbox 1 backups, then it's not necessary to update the xbox 360. By the way, the 5.2 a,b,c, and d xtreme firwares are not different updated versions. They are just differnet versions of the same firmware that allow the xbox 360 drives to read at slower speeds or noraml speeds. This allows those people using cheaper dvd+r DL media to boot up the games with out any disk errors, since the drive will be reading at slower speeds.

13. l2iceboy

l2iceboy Member

ahh, alrite thanks alot for clearing things up for me.

14. l2iceboy

l2iceboy Member

hey, someone PM'd me telling me that I could play original xbox backups that are on DVD+R, well, burnt the traditional xbox way but using DVD+R media rather than DVD-R...would this work? Because i have some original games like SSX Tricky n others left over that I could try to just download a backup of and burn it onto DVD+R...?

15. steimy

steimy Active member

The 360 with a Samsung DVD drive and the newest firmware will play DVD5 back ups, they have to be copied in a specific way though.
    I have not looked into it as i still have my Xbox.

16. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Can the backups for the xbox 1 be re-worked i.e copied to PC re-jigged and burned to new disk to play on the 360, or do you need to start with the origianl disk again?

17. y2k07

y2k07 Member

Guys doesn’t the Toshiba drive with the Xtreme firmware also read XBOX 1 copies?

18. steimy

steimy Active member

Not sure if you can recopy an already copied disc or not, or is the Extreme 5.2 firmware would play a regular Xbox 1 game, but i can check tonight. I have plenty of Xbox 1 games. Problem is that i did not download and of the backwards compatible software since i have the xbox.

19. Dannyvvo

Dannyvvo Member

Hi There,

Please tell me where can I download Craxtion 4 software or buy?

Thanks for your help!
    DV

20. neophile

neophile Member

Google it! You'll find Craxtion's website listed there.