1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R9 one-click program?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dennya, Oct 3, 2004.

1. dennya

dennya Member

Okay, so I shelled out the big $$$ for a few DVD+R9 discs. They're still cheaper than buying new Wiggles and Finding Nemo DVDs after my son scratches them up trying to get me to play them...

So, are there any one-click programs that will easily let me create a backup of original commercial DVDs onto DVD+R9 discs? Most of the stuff I've seen is designed to shrink stuff to fit on a standard DVD-R or split across two discs.

Any tips grealy appreciated.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

DVD Decrypter in ISO Read/Write mode should do the trick. It's not exactly one-click but it's free :)

What ripping/burning software do you already have?

3. dennya

dennya Member

I own Nero 6 and Roxio Easy Media 7. Nero's on the PC with the dual-layer writer; Easy Media Creator's on my notebook.

So I could read the ISO with DVD Decryptor and write it with Nero? Any other steps? (If there's a FAQ somewhere on this and I've missed it, my apologies. I did do some searching before asking.)

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

In case you didn't get what Nephilim said ...

You can:
    1) Use DVD Decrypter (free) to rip in ISO mode, then use DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO.

2) Use DVD Decrypter to rip in ISO mode, then use Nero to burn the ISO.

3) Use DVD Decrypter to rip in File mode, then use Nero to burn the video_ts file.

4) Use Shrink to rip w/ no compression, create an ISO and auto burn with Decrypter.

5) Use Shrink to rip w/ no compression, create a file and auto burn with Nero.

5. dennya

dennya Member

Thanks, flip. Is any one of those advantageous over the others? (IE: Why would I use Nero instead of sticking with DVD Decrypter for the burning?)

I may be out of luck, though, if what I read about the 2510A not liking Ritek DL media is true, as that's what I bought.

The best prices I can find on Verbatim are darned close to the cost of just replacing the original DVDs... :sigh:

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Not really, just different ways to the same result :)