1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RB and AutoQMatEnc

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by ebega, May 16, 2006.

1. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

This thread was a fantastic read. I really enjoyed the comparisons and it certainly opened my eyes. I guess that I will have to save some money for Procoder2. You guys are expensive to have as friends...LOL!

I see that you can get ProCoder2 on eBay for about $270.00 with a student ID. That's not a bad deal.

I did not see much about the thread title regarding AutoMatQEnc. Is this a good encoder as well? Was not mentioned a lot, unless I missed it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  2. pazzini

pazzini Guest

9mmruger1,

Regarding AutoMatQEnc it is a good encoder but HC19 is better, for my backups quality is always my main goal regardless of time, thats why I always use Procoder2 with mastering quality, but for the free encoders that comes with the Pro version HC19 will give better results IMO.

Look HERE for more tests with AMQ

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2006
  3. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

Thanks for the link paz. Very interesting reading. Some of these tests are incredible to see the difference in varying encoders. One of these days I will learn it...LOL.

4. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Your welcome :)

I read that you have CCE, just one bit of advice for low bitrate movies and for movies that need alot of compression like kingkong use HC19 you will get beter results, for example the Saving private ryan frames on page 3 if you look closely you will find that the HC encoder gave a better result (also looked better when watching the movie on my HDTV.)

Once again this is just IMHO.

5. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

Thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind. I hopefully will be doing several the first part of next week. Just depends on my time availability.

Cheers.

6. SEOma

SEOma Guest

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2006