1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd reader along with burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smyle1977, Jan 7, 2005.

1. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

I have been burning with a plextor burner and dvd shrink/decrypter for some time now. I want to get a reader so I can pop in the movie and a blank disk, walk away, come back and have it all done and copied. Should I worry about brand or speed with a drive that's just a reader, or would any basic model work?

2. cruester

cruester Member

I guess any model of DVD reader would work but I tend to stay with the bigger brands. I have a Sony CRX 320 and it works great. And get a 16x reader. I think some are 12x.

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

If you live in the US, you can pick up a lite-on 16x rom for $40 or less.
    I've yet to try a DVD5(they generally rip faster), but I've had peaks of around 12.7X ripping DVD9s with Decrypter.
    Mine came with Power DVD video player, which was a gift from above compared to the software that came with my PC.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey smyle, That is the way I do it with my lite-on 16x dvd-rom and benq1610. Place a disc in each tray and walk away. I got mine at walmart for $40.

You should be ok with sony or lite-on. I haven't heard much about the other brands out there.

5. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

great, thanks for the info. Looks like I get to go out and spend some Xmas money now!