1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd reading after burning

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by mmxearl, Jan 8, 2010.

1. mmxearl

mmxearl Member

well i was not sure where to post this odd problem so i chose here...

i have been having no problems burning dvds for years. but now after i burn a dvd, either as data with files on it or as video it says it burns fine and as long as i do not eject the dvd it reads just fine. however once the dvd is ejected and reinserted, my pc does not see the disc is even in the drive. i can put it in any other pc or dvd player it it works just fine. this happens with any brand dvd i use. i have windows 7 and a liteon dvd burner. any suggestions on which way to go to attempt to fix this issue? 2 options i know to try are to reinstall my windows or install another dvd burner. was just wondering if anyone else ever had this happen to them

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

it's quite common for a burner to read a burn while it still sees the disk from the burn process.. but the actual pure read part has died.. try giving it a good clean.

3. mmxearl

mmxearl Member

i suppose i could try to clean it. but i have no problems reading any other dvd i put in the drive. just the ones i am burning now. in other words, it reads dvds just fine that i burned with the same burner 2 months ago. thanx for your input :)

4. scum101

scum101 Guest

that's a different matter.. there is something wrong with the burning side or those are bad disks

burners can get a bit weird before they finally fail.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  5. daburners

daburners Guest

Which Cd Burner Are You Using?
    Do You To Fix The Problem Through Registry Fix?