1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD REBUILDER - "HCEnc" - how to get this?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by zhelpz, Nov 7, 2005.

1. gamename

gamename Regular member

i agree with uncas it must be the download because i have the free version and use hanks encoder all the time.

2. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

UnCas,

duly noted - by the way - I originally downloaded it through the Afterdawn software site - yep.

However I will now use the same site you have provided for me. I will uninstall all this mess I have - do a re-install and let you know when I can get back.

[bold]Also I appreciate your assistance and everyone else who added to this thread[/bold]

3. UncasMS_3

UncasMS_3 Regular member

well, whoever is responsible for this upload obviously doesnt know his stuff

good luck with your next step

4. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

ReEDITING this message - I think I skipped something ....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2005
  5. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

Ok I have tried to DL from the official site about 4 times - it keeps getting stuck at 12% - I will have to try again later ... and let ya know ...

Oh yeah - that official site also had the one that is not the full install - I think its just an upgrade for maybe ppl who already have it or something

-------------------------

[bold]OK here is an UPDATE to my situation[/bold]

Whew Im glad thats over! The official site would never finish the DL so I did a new search for the [bold]FULL Install version[/bold] and eventually got to one from a different site that worked. It looks like another jdobbs site though.

The Installation process was waaaay longer w/ the full install - and from what I can see - I do have the correct one now.

FYI if anyone else had the problem I had - here is the site that I used:
    http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=14
    ----

Just be careful to do the one that says Full Install!

-----

Thanx for hanging in there with me UnCas - and thanx for every who provided input!

Now I just need to get a chance to actually start using it

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2005
  6. UncasMS_3

UncasMS_3 Regular member

i'm glad rb + hc finally seem to work

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Setting the program up is the hard part, once that is done it becomes a whole lot easier and the program is worth it, you can't beat the finished product :)

8. L8ter

L8ter Guest

*update* the latest version of hc 0.16 has been released and can be found here >>> http://hank315.dyndns.org/HCbatch_016.zip

it has a fine tuned opv mode for those concerned w/ time issue's
    just point rebuilder to the exe in the options set up screen that was so nicely posted on the first page of this thread!

maybe there should be a seperate forum for ppl who have this prob!

9. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

--->L8ter,

Through all the going back and forth while they were helping me in the previous posts - I learned that there are two diff DL's for rebuilder - MOST of them, is the one where you have to do the setup process on your own - instead of it being the "full installer" DL. When Uncas was taking me through all the steps, and sent me to the official site - I learned that even that site had both DL's - the one that ppl setup themselves, and the full installer DL. I cant quite remember but I believe the site did explain why the different DL's. The afterdawn site has the one that you have to setup yourself - but you have to read into the guide on how to do it.

Oh and thanx for the HC update info.

And hopefully all this info will help anyone else who comes along and reads it.

It really is easiet to just get the FULL INSTALLER DL - it sets everything up automatically and when I was done - mines looked more like the pic Arniebear had put up.

10. UncasMS_3

UncasMS_3 Regular member