1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd rebuilder or dvdfab

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by jjgloster, Jun 3, 2009.

1. jjgloster

jjgloster Member

i've been using ripit4me and dvd decrypter forever. i want to upgrade to something newer. which one is better dvd rebuilder or dvdfab?

2. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

For the most part DVD REbuilder and DVDFab serve to different purposes. The main purpose of Fab is to rip your dvd, the same as dvd decrypter only updated where decrypter is not. DVD Rebuilder will re-encode your files in order to fit them to a standard DVD-5 disk.

3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

In short, you're best to use the two programs in conjunction.

4. fungz

fungz Member

OK I know this is probably stupid but I really want to get everything right. I have DVDFab for ripping. Does everyone use Full Disc setting on DVD9, then open DVD ReBuilder and compress the DVD9 to the size of DVD5, and then burn on ReBuilder? Or Fab? I want the best picture and I don't care about time. I just am sick of reading half information on what to do. Pointless to spend all the money and not get the best out of it, right? Thanks in advance

5. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

fungz.....Well everybody start at somewhere.
    I think you should start and get more info at the Shrink forum if I am not wrong.......

6. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Rip with DvdFabDecrypter

Process with fixvts / vobblanker

Compress with dvd rebuilder (can use dvd shrink if compression is not very high)

Burn with imgburn

7. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

second that !

8. tjlmbklr1

tjlmbklr1 Member

I really hate to hijack this thread. I need to know it the process of fixvts / vobblanker, is this mean one or the other. I ask because ever since I stopped using RipIt4Me/Decrytor I feel I have lost picture qulity. So Is this why. Should I be using one or both of fixvts / vobblanker?

I am back...years away from the forum that started it all for me. I haven't made any DVD's in awhile. I found new home pleasures. But on occasion I Do enjoy a good Archive of a DVD.

Thanks in advance.

And once again sorry for the hijack...I saw an opportunity and took it.

9. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

It is meant as being either program will work. Both are simple to use in their easiest form, and both give good results.

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I very rarely use FixVTS myself, mainly Vobblanker. I use it in it's simplest form, ie after every rip with DVDFab 5.x or 6.x i run the ripped files thru Vobblanker, it's literally a case of selecting input and output directory and hitting 'Process'. This 'cleans' the files as DVDFab no longer produces the clean rips it used to (ie i still use 4.1.2.0 heavily, no need to cleanup after that). Well it might be producing clean rips these days, but as i've been stung by a few versions not cleaning properly i'm afraid i don't trust it anymore and just use Vobblanker after each and every rip.

They're both very complex programs but i personally only use the simplest functions as described above.

11. tjlmbklr1

tjlmbklr1 Member

Thanks guys. Now I feel I have the resolution to go back to flawless copies. I was using CloneDVD/AnyDVD for awhile because it's so darn simple. But same thing...noticeable loss in quality unless I go DVD-9 and still some quality loss.