1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Rebuilder Update

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by callous, Aug 29, 2004.

1. callous

callous Member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Thanks callous :)

3. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

It's about time. I was wondering when that lazy DVD-RB author would get off his butt and release a new update.

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

No kidding! Especially since we know that everyone who uses it has made a donation ;)

5. gorangel

gorangel Guest

jdobbs, you´re the best. Do you think the next RB version will includes support for seamless branching and multiangle?

6. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

Probably so -- unless I run into problems... then there may be another maintenance release just to keep the bug-fixes up.

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

How about include CCE Basic or SP into the program :) lol ... That would be great!!!

8. rockas

rockas Member

"It's about time. I was wondering when that lazy DVD-RB author would get off his butt and release a new update. " - jdobbs

"No kidding! Especially since we know that everyone who uses it has made a donation ;)" - Vurbal

- "Yeah!!! shame on you lol!!!" - me

"Probably so -- unless I run into problems... then there may be another maintenance release just to keep the bug-fixes up." - jdobbs

- "You lazy!!! Shame on you again :-D" - me (again lol)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]There were to guys crossing a bridge. The first one's name was Fall the second one Falled
    http://doom9pt.dvd2go.org/]Portuguese Doom9 Team Administrator
    http://www.dvd-rb.com Administrator
    http://www.dvdrebuilder.com Administrator[/small]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  9. callous

callous Member

And now version 0.57a has been posted ...

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm!

Probably not, I can say that I've made a donation and it was money well spent.

11. vurbal

The only program I've ever spent money on exclusively for backing up DVDs is DVD-RB, and I plan to donate more at some point.

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Icalculated that I spent $79 for DVDcopy2 which I still use for making backups for my wife because it's really fast and pretty good and she's not quite as discriminating as I am. When I added the price of CCE Basic for $58.00 and DVDRB for $20.00 I would still be ahead by $2.00 and this is the combo I’m using. Little money, well spent.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  13. vurbal

I don't count CCE because I also bought it for converting DV files from my camcorder, but I definitely agree that it's a deal in either case.

14. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

Just FYI... there have been a total of 161 donators to DVD-RB. Of those 18 have donated more than once.

At the last count I made (at all the different download sites I know of -- there are probably more) there were a little over 100,000 downloads of version 0.56 (ignoring downloads of all previous versions).

So being a donator means you fall into a category that makes you 621 to 1. So you are definitely within the small group I consider to be my friends.

Of course the number might be skewed since there is some number of people who download anything and never actually install it... and others who just may not like it, who knows.

The bottom line is -- I never really expected to get rich off of the program anyway, so I'm just happy to find that some people appreciate it.

Frankly when I first wrote it I was only planning to use it for myself -- I'd gotten tired of manually analyzing, reencoding, and reauthoring DVDs. So I spent a vacation week and wrote most of code, and then lost interest for a while. It sat about 90% complete for over 4 months and then I had an epiphany on how to do one section that was quirky, and I got a spark of enthusiasm and finished it in a weekend. When it seemed to work ok, I loaded it on Doom9 just to see if there was any interest. Since then it has come a long way...

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

jdobbs

Please keep up the good work and BTW, bigo is in that select group too. I think most of us here at the core of RB's interest can't imagine you not continuing it. People if you like it, and you want it too continue, then maybe you could help support it, but what's cool is you don't have too, it's a choice.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

16. callous

callous Member

Makes you wonder how many versions of CCE were sold because of Rebuilder as well...

(Count me as 1)

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes, it doesn't seem fair but it is still our good luck to have them ensemble.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

18. callous

callous Member

I agree. Absolutely!

19. jacota20

jacota20 Member

i use rebuilder and its excellent. ive been wanting to donate and im always reading about the need to donate, and i looked for info as to how to donate, but i couldnt find it. guessed i missed it. but tonite i have it.

its in the rebuilder program itself under the help menu. who knew? and heres the site:

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=DVD-RB%40comcast.net&item_name=DVD+ReBuilder+Development+Donation&item_number=DVD-RB-001&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD

richard

20. rockas

rockas Member