1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd rebuilder vs dvd2dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by lowriderz, Jul 30, 2004.

1. erdoke

erdoke Guest

jdobbs

First of all, sorry if I missed something when quoting you, it was not on purpose to change the meaning of what you said.
    I have to declare again: I am a happy user of DVD Rebuilder and never experienced audio problems using it. I don't want to be seen as the "spokesman of the audio dropouts", I just want to help them. Please don't imagine me going through all the forums and telling everybody not to use RB 'cause it produces audio dropouts. In fact I recommend it anybody who looks for an easy to use backup tool without compromize on quality.
    I know that only a couple of people are posting issues on audio dropouts, I've never said the opposite.
    I also didn't say that it is a big issue as far as the number of RB users are concerned. Undoubtedly it can be a big problem to users who are experiencing audio dropouts. I'm even not sure in myself because I didn't go through all my backups from the beginning to the end. To be honest backups are not for immediate watching, so usually I only check if the menus are OK and jump from chapter to chapter.
    I perfectly understand your point about people who cannot set up the app correctly and come to report problems. But I personally know some very experienced users who experience audio dropouts.

I think that I will follow this, gather more information and try to systematize it, but stay silent till I don't get to a clear conclusion.
    Probably you will get to it sooner... ;o)

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

erdoke

I'm pretty sure that jdobbs was speaking to rumors of bugs in general and not to you personally. You can understand that receiving numerous reports about defects that turn out to be “red herrings” can be time consuming and annoying, especially if they come from relatively isolated reports. Even software that has gone gold will run into bugs and conflicts.

3. 64026402

64026402 Active member

erdoke

I'm afraid I haven't seen any experienced users complaining of audio problems in the thread for DVDrebuilder help. So I assume you don't mean at Afterdawn.

4. erdoke

erdoke Guest

You are right, I meant it in general. I have a couple of friends who speaks English even worse than me, so they won't post any issues at these forums. Apart from their English capabilities they are experienced users of many backup methods and tools.
    I read local forums too. ;o)

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

erdoke

I hope that we here at AD are patient with speakers of other languages including your friends. Sometimes ideas fail to translate perfectly but these kinds of problems usually get ironed out. So tell your friends if they are curious and want to share ideas that they're welcome here.

6. erdoke

erdoke Guest

I know that you are patient and a real gentleman Sophocles and this is the case with almost everyone here, but even with that in my mind I won't be able to convince them. They don't relly like local forums either. :D
    But I'm trying and never give up...

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

erdoke

You might let them know that the owners or creators of AD are from Denmark.

8. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Sophocles
    He called you a gentleman. How dare he.

erdoke, if you freinds have problems there is a lot of experience with DVDrebuilder in this little corner and so far it looks like the problems that people have had are ironed out one way or another.

Post the problems with as much information about your setups and programs and media and expereinces here.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/17/97052

Many things have been figured out and some are in the FAQs up front.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Donald

frightening isn't it?

10. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Sophocles, do you use Collectorz or have you tried Movietrack?

11. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Are you feeling Francis yet. I just looked at the radar.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Donald

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004
  12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes I use collectorz I'm a registered user. The sky just changed color but what's weird because this thing is so big its still 200 miles away and yet it's here.

13. 64026402

64026402 Active member

The radar looks like its rubbing up against you on the edge.
    I like collectorz but I have all my movies in Movietrack. I haven't figured out how to transfer them.

MovieTrack is nice for free but I like collectorz better. I have just started using HTML export. Kinda cool. Is any of this keeping your mind off the storm.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I like collectorz because you can use it to search for movies by price. It returns a copy of the DVD Cover with movie info which can be made printable. Yes it does help me to redirect my thoughts by being online. If you're curious about it let me know and I'll tell you what I see.

15. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Just don't stand outside and dare God to smite you.

For the record it's sunny and nice in KC.
    Heck I'd still rather be there, hurricane and all.
    The Midwest, good, wholesome and boring.

I hope your internet stays. Do you have DSL?

MovieTrack only downloads IMdb so it doesn't get 100% of the Movies. About 98%. I use Collectorz to get the info downloaded on those that fall through the cracks. I might just have to manually enter the movies again.

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I hope my electricity stays and then my internet. I have DSL, 768 down and 128 up, and its pretty close to that (658 down or greater).

Weather update:

There's and interesting yellow streak in the sky as the sun sets but still shines between the feeder bands and the wind is picking up.

17. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I agree about the electricity but for me it's close.
    I gotta have a computer running on the internet.

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Have you ever lived in Florida when temperatures are above 90 degrees and high humidity without Airconditioning? You won't (almost not quite) care if you're online you'll just want to be cooler.

19. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Yeah I'm a wuss in the heat. But I would be sad without the net.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yea I love the net too.