1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder and Tuners

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by bbh791, Apr 22, 2012.

1. bbh791

bbh791 Member

My DVD recorder no longer records and have noticed these are hard to find in stores locally. I have a Samsung VR4607 VCR new in box and would like to know if I bought an external tuner, can I record TV programs with use of an outside antenna? I no longer have cable so the current recorder I have has an internal tuner. Just need to get it up going again and if this doesn't work, I will try to find a recorder over the net. Thanks to all.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I use a Zenith tuner connected to a VCR to record OTA TV.
    I use the composite output (video + L&R audio) connectors, into the input of the VCR.

3. bbh791

bbh791 Member

I now have my VCR connected to the converter box and TV. I can record however, do I need a tuner similar to yours to be able to set the program I want to record while I am away?

4. attar

attar Senior member

My Zenith converter outputs the A/V signal using the yellow/white/red connectors.
    On my VCR, the 'Channel' for A/V input is designated F1.
    I simply set the converter box to the required channel;set the VCR start/stop time and select 'F1' as my channel and power off the VCR.