1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD recorder buying help

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by zipking, Aug 13, 2010.

1. zipking

zipking Member

I had a Liteon DVD recorder circa 2007 that has the problem of not being able to open the door. Time for a new recorder I guess. I liked my Liteon, it was CHEAP and worked adequately (cannot identify model at this time of night)...anyway, I went on Liteon site, and all of their models are discontinued. Ha? What is the current inexpensive VALUE DVD recorder favored by the Afterdawn aficionados? I am getting the impression nobody uses DVD recorders anymore, and everyone just goes right into a computer instead (not an option for me)

Hey! All and any help much appreciated. Thanks

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

3. burninmad

burninmad Member

I'm On my FOURTH DVD recorder! TWO SV2000's from WalMart(ONLINE)No longer available there!One was $87 ,so I got another at $77!! They Recorded Everthing I wanted from my DVR(Dirctv Plus R15)My Brother has one still working but after he changed Cable co's,He Cant! They are Funai products.Mine,"Bit It",during A Lightning Strike! Although hooked up to AR Premium Surge Protector,THEY are NOT Lightning Arrestors! My first DVDr ,was by Cyberhome,BUSTED/RAIDED ,by FBI! Licensing with Philips,apparently,scaused their downfall?I've tried Pawn Shops and looked EVERYWHERE! Don't know what you wanna record,but I'd check the Pawns&Thrifts for a Panasonic "older"2007,or so,or Toshiba?,older model too! These "New" ones of ANY make,I hear,won't record but your home videos!See my Post: "The Death Knell",Of the DVD Recorder"!!Back to VHS,I guess? Don't have experience with Blu-Ray" though.Will they be our recording "Savior"? I think "THEY" ,Want ALL of Us to exclusivly buy commercial DVDs? I DO! But sometimes ,they (programs)aren't even on DVDs or VHS!OH,the "Good 'Ol Days"!I being Disabled for TEN years now,Have My Hobby,DVD recording,"Fading Into The Sunset"!But Can't blame "Them",this IS Capitalism,and I'd like some $$$BUCKS,too!