1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorders with Hard drives. Program Edit Ability?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by mtm2525, Nov 23, 2004.

1. mtm2525

mtm2525 Member

I work for a small University and we end up recording lots of presentations on either VHS or direct to DVD via a mini-dv camcorder. We've been playing with the idea of purchasing some DVD recorders with built in hard drives with the idea of recording directly to the drive and then only burning what is needed.

Can anyone tell me how "editable" the content is on a DVD hard drive? I'm not talking about dropping the content to an editing software, but can a person cut out sections and rough link clips together before burning to the DVD?

Thanks for the help.

2. jacota20

jacota20 Member

i have the panasonic dmr-e85h dvd recorder. editing is extremely easy. to get rid of the very beginning choose "divide title" and to edit anything in between choose "shorten". as the movie plays in a smaller format, edit out anything you dont want in any length.

if you have several sections of different content you can create a playlist and burn them all to a single dvd.