1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD recording ISSUES

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RSXBoy, Feb 5, 2005.

1. RSXBoy

RSXBoy Member

I am a sceptic about dvd recording so I recently borrowed a Panasonic E55 recorder and did some tests on my own 32 flat TV and source. (level playing field I hope). I found the following. Is this normal ??????

1. The recorded picture quality was never near my old video quality.(RAM or dvd-r on HQ mode).
    2. The recorder sound quality was never near my old video quality.(RAM or dvd-r on HQ mode).
    3. The "Grade A Media" dvd-r recording will not play back in my PC. (Hitachi recorder dual layer-recent purchase). MAJOR ISSUE TO ME !!!
    4. The sound quality on playback from an Original pre-recorded DVD was "quiet" and required the tv to be turned up to half volume to allow the spoken words to be heard "clearly".(normally a third volume is TOO LOUD.

In all.....not the QUALITY Revolution the industry would have you think!!!!

Obviously I am still sceptic but have since seen a Phillips at a friends house which produced much better comparison to source recordings.

Are Pana rubbish? I knows the 55 is the base level box but the Phillips I saw was only a £200 unit as well.

Why should I throw out one technology which does what I want for one that has more "features" but can't get the BASIC TASKS done right?

I'm sure the answers I get will be revealing.

2. captflint

captflint Guest

Well I know everyone will ask you basic ?'s ....
    When you installed your dvd r/rw did you also enable 'dma' video mode? From experience,,,the sound quality is related to your sound card capabilities, on your computer, and the settings you choose directly on shrink.
    Burn slower....

3. wayne77

wayne77 Member

capflint u rock!