1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recording on Sony RDR-VX500

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by rdgallo, Mar 8, 2005.

1. rdgallo

rdgallo Member

I just purchased one of these Sony combo VCR/DVD recorders and am having some problems copying some old vhs tapes to a Sony DVD-R Disc. Sometimes I can do just fine with it, but other times, I have trouble. Today, I dubbed two vhs tapes to the same disc and when I was finished, I could only get the first recording to playback. Yesterday, I dubbed 4 tapes to a disc with no problems. When I tried to finalize the one recording that did play on the disc today, I got the message "This disc can be neither played or recorded". I took the disc to my computer and it played just fine. I don't know if I did something wrong or I just have a bad disc. This has happened a couple of other times. The unit locked up on me one time when I was playing back a rented dvd and I had to power it off and back on to get it to work. It locked up right after I tried to use the instant replay button on the remote. I acted like it lost its thought process. I have it packaged up to send to Sony, but just hate doing this as I am not convinced the unit is bad. It might just be my ignorance that is the problem. Any help you folks can give me would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd-r newbies*

3. rdgallo

rdgallo Member

Flip, where did you move my question to? I thought I was in the right place, but obviously not. Thanks!

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I moved to home dvd recorders :)

5. rdgallo

rdgallo Member

thanks

6. rdgallo

rdgallo Member

Any help out there?