1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD recording

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by priceb, Jan 2, 2005.

1. priceb

priceb Member

When recording with DVD, if you stop recording on a disc before it is full, and want to add more to it at a later time, and it has not been finalized, when you put it in the recorder to start recording again, will it automaticaly start recording at where it stopped, or do you have to manually find that stop/re-start point?

2. ECW

ECW Member

I am a newbie and only have recorded a few times but I would have to say it pick up where you left off. At least it did for me on my DVD-RW's. Good luck!

3. priceb

priceb Member

thanks ECW
    i guess i'll find out for sure when i try it. just trying to get as much info as possible ASAP, to keep the "oh-oh's" to a minimum. know what i mean?

4. hazcrew

hazcrew Member

I believe it depends on DVD type.
    On DVD-RW (-R)and DVD-RAM it should start again where it left off (which is does with my Toshiba).
    However, on DVD+RW (+R) I believe it can overwrite existing content unless specified otherwise.
    Can't be sure though as I've never tried it.

Simple solution use a DVD-RW or RAM disk and try it.

5. ilohell

ilohell Guest

The DVD-Rs and DVD +Rs will not write over the portion of DVD that has already recorded. The only place it can record is the virgin spot.

6. priceb

priceb Member

thanks to all. the more i get into it, the more i learn. I'm using +R & +RW, and they do pick up where they left off.

7. goshob

goshob Member

Hi,
    My question is quite close, but at the same time a bit different: I have a DVD +R disk written on Liteon LVW-5001 that obviously is not finalized. Unfortunately I can’t read it on other player or on my computer. Does anybody know a solution?

8. gserve

gserve Member

Use the Lite-on to finalize the disk.

9. goshob

goshob Member

This is a good idea, but... the recorder together with source material are already miles away from me :(

10. gdvd

gdvd Member

DVD recording with Closed Caption

I want to buy a DVD recorder that can record the closed captions. I want to record TV programs. I tried a ILO DVDR04, and it did not have it. Then I tried CyberHome DVD CH-DVR 1500. It paritially has the closed captions(CC). It has CC in some TV channels(chnnel 8,10,3,25,..),but hasn't on some chnnels( such as channel 6,15..).
    Does anybody know which DVD recorder has CC function?
    Please give some advices.
    Thanks!