1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Region Protection Message

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tinione, Feb 6, 2004.

1. tinione

tinione Member

Hello, I am using Shrink to copy a new movie and after analying the dvd, I got the message to select the region where the dvd was made and failure to do so could result in the dvd not playing. Has anyone seen this before? I am currently waiting for the dvd to finish encoding and was wondering if I should stop the process? By the way, Shrink chose the region USA/Canada as a default and I used that one. Does anyone think this dvd will burn successfully or am I wasting my time. There is only 3% encoding done.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi tinione,

Thats the "This DVD appears to be R.C.E. protected!" message.

Shrink needs to know the region of the disc so it can make your back-up region free and play in a DVD player of any region.

If you have a regon 1 disc you are copying, and you specify that region, then your copy will play in any player, regardless of the player's region setting.

If this message appeared and you left the box blank, your back-up would only play in players with the same region setting as the original disc.

Frank
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2004
  3. tinione

tinione Member

Thanks FasFrank, I freaked out a little when I saw this message. I truly deserve my newbie title.