1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD region query

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by burkey83, May 8, 2007.

1. burkey83

burkey83 Member

Hi,

Just bought Seinfeld season 4 off e-bay. the DVD's arrived but arent working due to the region the DVD's are under. The seller never mentioned they were from any other region than the region UK comes under!!

Is there anyway to change the region on my DVD's? I watch them on my x-box 360.

Thanks

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I guess you mean the disks are Region 1 and therefore NTSC instead of Region 2 and PAL?

It would be possible to rip the disk(s) and make a Region Free copy to play. Problem is - the programs would still be in the other format (NTSC as guessed above). During your copy process you would also need to convert from NTSC to PAL. Unless your TV is able to play either format.

I have never been pleased with format conversions (have tried going from PAL to NTSC).

Will the eBay seller take them back? Words for the future - always ask questions before bidding. It removes grief later.

3. burkey83

burkey83 Member

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yeah I assumed as he lived in the UK the DVD's would be region 1. Have contacted him and its getting resolved.

thanks.