1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd rip avi to vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dmbrown99, Mar 31, 2003.

1. dmbrown99

dmbrown99 Member

Hi there, i am currently downloading a dvd rip of triple x and i am extremely impressed with the quality of this dvd rip (avi file). However I know that if i want to put this file on vcd (mpeg) it is going to reduce the quality of the video. I was just wondering by how much will this reduce the quality? I don't mind if it's only vcr quality. as long as its watchable. please help.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

First of all no-one wants to know what you are downloading so as some advice never post the name of a movie you are getting!!

However to answer the question, a lot. It depends on the settings you use. For instance if you have TMPGEnc encoding at Highest quality then it will be watchable in the end if you have TMPGEnc Plus encoding at Highest quality then you will have good quality, if you use DVD2SVCD with CCE SP to make VBR SVCD instead of VCD you could have almost the same quality!!