1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Ripping

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by joeshmoe3, Dec 28, 2004.

1. joeshmoe3

joeshmoe3 Member

I have just installed an LG 4160B Dual layer DVD writer and DVDshrink. My first trial rip was A Chriatmas Story. After analysis I hit backup and before it started decoding it gave me an error message. It said I had a copy protection error and request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. Please help.

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Shrink should handle 95% of the disc's out there. But every now and then you get one it can't crack. Just download a copy of Dvd Decrypter. Here's the link to it on this site.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

If you having any problems using it just do a search on here, there are plenty of threads explaining how to use it, as well as links to tutorials. It can also be used as a burning app as well, in case you don't have nero or something like that.

3. joeshmoe3

joeshmoe3 Member

Thanks for the help but apparently it just didn't work because I hadn't installed any burning software. I installed Nero and tried again and it worked fine(go figure).