1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd ripping

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PFres, Jan 18, 2007.

1. PFres

PFres Member

I am attempting to rip dvd's to my hard drive which I can do with no problem with the any dvd program. What my situation is, is that my daughter want to use her clips from her cartoons in windows movie maker and put music to them. She can do this with downloaded segments from limewire but not directly from the movies on the hard drive. I have been instructed to download converters but have been unable to use the files with these converters. I am new to this video editing and don't have a clue where to start. I attempt to use converters that support the wmv format but they don't convert, can't use the key generators to use the programs or even use trial versions to even practice doing it. PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

it nwould be a good thing to read the rules on this site, we only talk about the programs that we own, not to be talking about pirated software, ok convertxtodvd2 will convert almost any formst, good luck

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

piracy is a NO NO here... don't talk about key generators for illegal program activations! that's not allowed.

you want a video editing program to edit your clips and then add it to a program that will put all the clips together onto a DVD.... there are plenty of programs out there that will do this. ConvertXToDVD will convert your clips and put it onto a DVD... editing your clips to what you want is a different story...MyDVD by Sonic can do the editing that will add music to the video... there are other programs, too that might even do a better job of it. good luck.

4. PFres

PFres Member

To whom it may concer: I am not attempting to do anything illegal, I have a child who wants to put her Sailor Moon dvd's on to our hard drive so she can import clips from these movies into windows movie maker where she can make short movies to post on youtube.com. Nothing more.

Thank you for your assistance

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Nero 7 has a lot of useful software for working with video files. You can keep renewing the trial till you decide to buy it. It's a big program, so it gets old installing it every month. I have the retail Nero 7 suite. Then take a look at all the different software that InterVideo has for working with video files. They have trials you can use as well to get an idea.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I forgot. DvdReMake from Dimadsoft is a great editing software and there's a lot of guides at the site. That's a good one to have. I'm not sure about trials though.

7. xfall3nx

xfall3nx Member

Piracy is illegal damnit! However...... making copies as "backups" is your unalienable right. You have every right to back up your dvd's for personal use. I suggest a program called, "ripit4me" I know ppl have heard of it around here but hey, i've had NO problems making "backups" of my dvd's with this nifty little setup. ripit4me incorporates serveral programs ( dvd decrypter, fixVTS, and dvd shrink ) to pass all the encryptions you may encounter. Hey, i succesfully made a back up of Miami Vice ( from which i hear has the new protection system on it ). This is the real deal fellas.

Heres the download like for RIPIT4ME... Enjoy...

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

True. Something is needed to bypass the copy protection, but the conversation was mainly about editing clips from the HDD. The free DVDFab Decrypter is another good free way to bypass copy protection.

9. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

some good video editors are pinnincle and adobie and ulead, the first two are more high end and the last is middle of the road.