1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD ROM Drive

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by jackpete, Mar 21, 2004.

1. jackpete

jackpete Guest

My LG DVD-ROM drive,model 8120B,will not recognize CD-ROM discs or DVD-ROM discs. I have uninstalled and re-installed the drive with the same result. Clicking on the drive letter results in "please insert disc in drive D" when a disc is already in the drive. I am running WinXP. Up until 2 days ago the drive was functioning normally. A check of systems hardware indicated the drive is working properly.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd suggest removing the drive and beating it against the ground several times and then use the garden hose to wash out the innards. Be sure to let the drive dry completely before putting it back in your comp. Kidding :)

Realistically, you might want to have a look at your ASPI which lets your drive communicate with the rest of your system. Here's a guide:

http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/aspisetup.cfm

How old is the drive? Is it making any unusual noises? Any other system troubles popping up around the time your drive went out?

3. drchips

drchips Active member