1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd rom master/slave option?

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by 1773, Apr 24, 2007.

1. 1773

1773 Regular member

hey i was woudnering how to set my dvd-rom to master and not slave,its on SL i think and isnt that slave, i think thats why the drive is not connecting porperly i don't know how to do siwtch it to master can sumone show me a video or sumthing, i cant seem to move it????

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

,what do you mean by that?

To set your drive as master,it's easy.You'll see at the back of your drive on top,there is a small diagram which is written as follows,CS(cable select),SL(slave)and MA(master),look well at the order they are written.Now on the back,where you connect your ide cable and power cord,you'll see a set of 3 pairs of pins in vertical and you'll see your jumper on one of them,just make sure that the jumper is set as master,referring to the order shown on the back top of your drive and you're good to go.

Vincent.

3. 1773

1773 Regular member

i changed it to master, and the computer still does not reconize the drive

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

If you have two drives on one IDE cable the drive at the very end of the cable is always set to master. The drive in the middle of the cable is set to slave. You may have to swap the drives around in the bays for the cable to hook up.

You can't have both drives on the same cable set the same, so check this.

It will probably look like this:
    ROM in the top bay, set to master, connected to the end connector of the IDE cable.
    Burner in the bay below the ROM, set to slave, connected to the middle connector of the IDE cable.

If you do switch it, be careful the cable doesn't come loose from the motherboard. Don't bend any pins.

5. 1773

1773 Regular member

haha wow im so happy! i just installed it and it works.