1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-rom plays fine in dvd player but not on pc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by landlock, Mar 26, 2005.

1. landlock

landlock Guest

I recieved a dvd-rom from a business associate and it plays fine in my ps2 and dvd player, but when played on my pc the sound is either distorted on one drive (pioneer dvd-rw dvr-107D) or has no sound at all on the other (i/o magic 16x dvd/rw/r dual layer). Do not and have not had any problems with any other dvd. I tried backing up with dvd decrypter but the problem is still there. Any ideas on the problem? Is this some sort of encryption to keep it from being backed up? Thanks for the help.

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

3. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

What player are you using on your PC? Maybe try another player like WinDVD or Nero Showtime.
    Hw.

4. landlock

landlock Guest

The dvd is a real estate investment dvd-rom. I tried using WinDVD, Showtime, and Windows Media Player. I also tried the dvd on my laptop and am having the same problem with the same players. The video plays perfectly but the sound is either distorted or absent.

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I'm wondering if either of your dvd drives in your computer are directly connected to the motherboard.

There's a cable that connects to your motherboard so that the sound can be played via the hardware instead of through software. If you have a slower/older computer and it's trying to play the file via software, that could be the problem.

Try several other DVDs and see if they cause the same problem.

Are you sure the dvd you received isn't one that was burned? The burn may not have been a good one.

Also, you may have an older soundcard that dosn't support the soundstream on the dvd. Maybe it's recorded in DTS and your soundcard may not support that. I'd run it through a program called DVD shrink and see what sort of soundstream exists on the DVD. Then get back to us.

6. landlock

landlock Guest

None of my drives are connected to the motherboard and I am running two new pc's. I have played numerous dvd's on both of these pc's with no problems at all. I ran the disc through dvd shrink at it say's that it is using LCPM 1 CH English. Does windows media player or WinDVD support LCPM?