1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-ROM ripping/encoding speeds

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by gwn398, Oct 31, 2004.

1. gwn398

gwn398 Member

Hello I have a SONY DVD-ROM DDU1621 for ripping dvd's and when I first ripped a dvd using dvd encrypter it was going at speeds like 10,000kb/s now it's going at 1,900kb/s. I don't know what i could have done to make it do this. Someone please help. Thanks

2. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

hello gwn398

i think.......

you have a dvd-rom you need a DVD burner

copy your dvd projects. then you can us something like DVDShrink and DVDEncypter to do all of your backups

3. CJC

CJC Regular member

@ plywood:

Gwn398 didnt mention any thing about burning, so why do they need a DVD Burner ?

They are talking about ripping a DVD to the Hard Drive.

@ Gwn398

You drive could be in PIO Mode.

Right Click 'My Computer' then go down to 'Properties' and left click.

Click on the Hardware Tab, then Device Manager.

Click on the + Next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, Right Click on Primary IDE Channel and go properties, click on the Advanced Settings Tab. Check to see what the Current Transfer Mode is in.

Now do the same to the Secondary IDE Channel.

If it says PIO, right click on that Channel then Click Uninstall. Restart your computer and check again, hopefully it should be back to DMA.

If its not, uninstall BOTH channels, then click on the plus next to DVD/CD-ROM Drives and uninstall your DVD-ROM drive.

Restart and try again.

CJC