1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+RW and backups question (PC)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sintax, Mar 25, 2004.

1. sintax

sintax Member

Just had major system corruption and have had to reinstall entire system - it was overdo anyway. However, I didn't have backups of important documents and lost them all. If possible, what software can I use to drag and drop files from the hard drive to DVD+RW media? I would like to use it as a removable media hard drive if possible. Am I limited to CD-RW for this function? Any help is appreciated.

2. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

depending on the total size of the files you should be able to use nero to create a data disc on a dvd.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I use Nero Express--data disc section. Just click add button on right, browse to the files you want and burn. I was using Nero IN CD but it acts up every so often. Nero Express seems to do the job for me taking files from work to home and back.

Jerry

4. sintax

sintax Member

ideal scenario would be format the RW media and be able to drag and drop from explorer, not sure possible with nero?

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thats how Nero IN CD works. But I tried it on 2 different systems and sometimes it worked Ok, other times it wouldn't read the disc it wrote when re-inserted in the drive. You can multi session the RW disc in Nero Express which works well enough for me between a Windows ME system and a XP system with no more hang-ups. When the RW disc is full, I just copy it to a R disc if its files I need to keep, then erase the RW and re-use.

Jerry