1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RW cd drive not being picked up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by waxdass, Oct 11, 2004.

1. waxdass

waxdass Member

Hi

I have a PIONEER DVR-107D DVD/RW drive installed. The problem i am having is that my computer does not pik it up. I have looked in my device manager and no drivers etc have been installed. It has power/opens closes etc.

I have looked for drivers but the only driver i can find is firmware and does not work, obviously.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Im using XP .
    Could it be that i have connected the wrong serial cables at the back ?

thanks

2. catahoula

catahoula Member

when you click on my coumputer, it isnt there at all? try messing with the cables, it is plugged in to the power source, but maybe not right into the comp.

if that doesnt solve it, try doing an Install New Hardware (from the control panel). a drivers disk should have come with, but XP is really good about aleady having drivers and ive never had to use the provided drivers disk with any of my externals.

there should also be an Install Drivers/Update Drivers button if you can get to its Properties... but if you cant, go to the Pioneer site and see what they have. (Downloads/Updates)

also, if you have a name brand comp, go to the website and see if they have updates for it, maybe a BIOS update is all you need...

try Official sources first, but before that, make sure its installed fully and connected :)

good luck!