1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RW Data burning program

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tyrant, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Tyrant

Tyrant Member

Hi all!
    I'm pretty new at DVD burning overall. I have ripped and burned movies with no problem at all.

Now I want to back up almost 500GB worth of data from my FTP server. I have 100 DVD-RW's on the way, but don't know what the best software to use for them would be. Speed is obviously going to be a concern since I have so much data to back up, but it's not the most important factor. Data integrity is my primary concern.

Any suggestions?

I appreciate anyone's help in this and would love to return the favor for you.

Thanks,
    Tyrant

System specs (in case they're needed):
    MB: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
    CPU: AMD Barton 2800+
    RAM: 1GB (512MB x 2) Corsair XMS
    DVD Burner: Sony DRU-500A (Firmware 2.0e)
    CD Burner: TDK 48x
    Burning programs: Just Nero 5.5.10.20 & Pinnacle Instant Copy 7.0.1.114 currently installed, but I have every program you could ever imagine for burning (see above about 500GB FTP), so that's not a factor either.

2. tplbi

tplbi Member

nero is the easiest for what you are trying to do. i backed up my computer the same way. just use neros wizard and burn it as a data dvd. very simple. its just liek burning a data disc on a cdr but chose dvd instead of cd on the first screen

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I'd agree!
    Never had a problem with Nero (in conjunction with my Pioneer DVR 104 [X2] f/w 1.31)

500Gb - thats a fair chunk
    I usually float about w/ 100Gb on HDD's and keep thinking to myself "I should clean up" !

LOL