1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burning Software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by m.sharp1, Nov 23, 2004.

1. tomlomeo

tomlomeo Member

Hi tomlomeo here......i've been following this forum on Dual layer burning but still NO ONE has mentioned the possibility of the following situation and if it can be done..

To take a commercial DVD9 and make a backup using a DVD DL disk and of course a DVD DL burner is really very simple....i've done it many times..
    However, all the knowledgeable people in this forum....not once has anyone mentioned the possibility of taking, for example, 3 different DVD5 movies.....and then trying to burning all of these on one DVD DL.

i've tried many times, mostly with DVD-Lab Pro and have had no success. Is there someone out there that is knowledgeable about this type of procedure??? please advise ASAP...........tom

2. mybarras

mybarras Member

yes tomolomoe u can do it with nero 6.0.0.15 copy multiple dvds to one disc just change target size to dvd9

Last edited: Aug 2, 2005
  3. tomlomeo

tomlomeo Member

Thank you for your response....i have that Nero program....but i've never used it (i'm 73 years old)....can you give me a quick short tutorial how i would do what you descibed..???/ thank you.....tom

4. mybarras

mybarras Member

no probs start nero select dvd then select copy and backup and u will see an icon for copy multiple dvd files to one click that and a box will open up asking u to import titles go to where ur video ts files are highlight which title u want and then press add then done then repeat process to add another title and u will see it in the main box title1 and title2 it will compress ur titles then burn them i have put three films onto one disc using this method but bear in mind u do lose picture quality if u r only burning it once choose recode and burn at once it is quicker but if u want a bettet quality their is an option for a slower process but with better results not tried them myself tho so how much better quality is i dont know hope this helps u

5. tomlomeo

tomlomeo Member

Thanks ...i understand....now the only question is if either of both of these movies have menus......carry them also into this new DVD9 or omit them????.....is there ever a problem with the layer break point...i have had that problem with other programs (DVD_Lab Pro)?? i also wanted to ask you how do i get to preview this before my burn???...VERY IMPORTANT....I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK....
    thanx.....tom

Last edited: Aug 2, 2005
  6. tomlomeo

tomlomeo Member

Dear mybarras.............i think your explanation about putting 2 or 3 DVD5 onto a DVD.....does NOT pertain to putting them on to DVD DLs..Because i did everything you said....put my DVD DL disk in my DVD DL burner......everything went well until it said "burning Layer 1" and then did NOT go to "burning layer 2"....i left on overnight...but i now have another very expensive coaster.....do you know how to burn DVD DLs????/ please advise.....tom

7. mybarras

mybarras Member

hi tom dont now what went wrong their mate works for me another option is dvd decrypter great for burning dl ur dvds will have to be iso images

8. tomlomeo

tomlomeo Member

"Been there.....done that"....it also works well for making a DVD9 from a DVD 9....it can not make a DVD9 from 2 or 3 DVD5s.....it stops at %50 complete too.....