1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+RW: No Video

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Niobis, May 1, 2005.

1. Niobis

Niobis Active member

I recently posted a thread saying I converted an avi into a vob with WinAVI. After burning I could hear audio but no video.(I'm using an Emerson) So, I take it to a friend's house(he's using an Emerson one model below mine) and with his I could hear audio and see really big pixels.(unwatchable!) Well, I take it to my gilfriends house in which she has an Apex and it works great! Does anyone have any clue as to why it would completely not work in my, barely work on my friend and work great on an Apex?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

It sounds like your player is older than the young ladies.

Newer players will play most anything older players were more picky.

That's a guess -

If you care to tell us something about the disc - it would help -

Did you use crappy media to record on ?

What format did uou use ?

Knowing that at one time it was an AVI is like asking what profession a man is and telling us that at one time he was a baby -

Not a lot of help -

Information = Solutions

Cheers,

Pete

3. Niobis

Niobis Active member

I'm using Memorex DVD+RW 4x 4.7 GB. I'm not sure what you mean by what format did I use.

I guess I could add this...when I convert using Nero(which takes like 6 hours) the DVD will work great in mine. But when I do it manually(with WinAVI) it doesn't work. What could I be doing wrong?

4. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Like Scuba said; it possibly may be your stand alone dvd player. If it's older than 2 years old, it's more likely "not" going to play/read in your player. Another thing to watch for is the "Memorex" media. Don't use them, if you're going to do more back up in the future, then try to use "FUJI, MAXELL, TY and TDK" instead. These are some of the top quality blank media in the market.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Actually certain Maxell are made by CMC the same as Memorex.

We need to use a good quality media for our backup, so PLEASE USE either Sony, Fuji, HP, Ritek "G04", Ritek G05, Phillips, Ridata "G03", Verbatim "DataLife", Verbatim DataLife "Plus", media boasting "Advanced Metal AZO Dye, Taiyo Yuden's or almost any discs manufactured by RICOH, Ritek, OR Mitsubishi. They are all excellent bets.

When in doubt, use "DVD Identifier" to check a discs manufacturer -

Download:
    DVD Identifier from cdfreaks.com

Poor media may well be the root of your entire problem.

Cheers,

Pete