1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RW or DVD+RW

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by nfg48, May 25, 2003.

1. nfg48

nfg48 Member

I am about to buy a DVD burner... which one is more optimal for burning XBOX games?

2. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

I can only tell you that I have an HP 300i that burns only +R and +RW. My XBOX has problems playing the +RW's but the +R's play just fine.

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i'd go with the -R/-RW burner. my xbox plays -r and -rw just fine. plus the -media is cheaper and easier to find than the +

4. JSand1990

JSand1990 Member

I am also getting a dvd burner. I am looking at a -r/rw drive. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good -r/rw drive?

5. mrcapone

mrcapone Guest

Hello- I have a Pioneer DVR-105 and after some initial virus problems, it has worked perfectly. I use mine for backing up ps2 games and dvds, so I dont know about backing up xbox games. Other than this, it is an excellent drive

6. JSand1990

JSand1990 Member

That's the drive I'm looking at. Does it have any difference from the retail version?

7. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

you could also get the cendyne 4x -R/RW burner, it is a pioneer in a cendyne box. it even comes up as a pioneer in the computer. and it's cheaper.

8. mrcapone

mrcapone Guest

Yes, The Cendyne 4X burner is the one that I have. It is essentially the DVR-105, made by a different company, so it can be sold at a discount. I think that it still works very well though.

9. EviLAnGeL

EviLAnGeL Guest

The Pioneer 105 is just the OEM version of the A05 which means it's just the drive and nothing else. No software or IDE cable or anything. Which is good because it means it's cheaper, other than that it's the same. It's also good for PS2, XBOX and DVD Movies. I've done all 3 and not had any problems yet, (touch wood). DVD-R media is also a lot cheaper than DVD+R which is another bonus. Plus the Pioneer is one of the cheapest drives you can buy at the moment as the price has just been reduced and it's also 4X. If you want to have the capability to burn both DVD+R and DVD-R then wait until June/July because the new Pioneer 106/A06 will burn both, but it will still be 4X. Probably be quite a bit more expensive though.