1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RW to DVD-R problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by trapdoor, Feb 6, 2005.

1. trapdoor

trapdoor Member

I have the DVD decrypter 5.05 program and use it when I want to copy PS2 Socom. When I back the game up on a DVD RW disc ,it burns okay. I always burn first on a RW disc. My problem is that when I burn to a DVD-R disc, I get errors and the program cancells the operation.I am using Memorex Dics. This is my first time burning games.
    Thanks in advance.
    Trapdoor

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Memorex is probably the problem--try some Sony, Verbatim Datalife, Ritek or Taiyo Yuden

Whitfield

3. brobear

brobear Guest

The current version of DVD Decrypter is 3.5.2.0. Where did 5.05 come from? The recent -R from Memorex has been CMC media which is questionable. A lot of people have complained about it. You might try slowing your burn speed down. One of my friends says he doesn't burn any games over 1X because fewer errors are more important with games than videos. You may want to slow your burn speed. If the slower burn speed doesn't work, it will probably be time to reconsider the choice of media.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2005
  4. trapdoor

trapdoor Member

Okay,
    I trid to use a different Disc(Vibritan) and it still has the same errors. I tried to burn it at 1X rate and still the same. I can't understand why it burns okay on the DVD-RW disc.
    Thanks
    Trapdoor

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

What type of burner do you have? Does it use either DVD-R or DVD+R--I know that some burners have a preference and some can use either--Just a thought--maybe DVD+R would work?

6. trapdoor

trapdoor Member

I have a LITE-ON LDW-4115. I'm pretty sure that it will take -/+R discs. I have not bought any +R discs bacause people have told me that they had bad results with them. I have no problem with burning movies. I'm not going to get the swap-disc package until I get this back-up problem resolved.
    Thanks
    Trapdoor

7. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

trapdoor--
    I burned many DVD+R for my nephew's PS2 (Playstation 2)--I know he did have to get some type of modification for his PS2---I tried to use DVD Decryptor at 1X speed, but my computer wont let me burn the + disks at less than 2.4X--but he tells me they work fine--I think it may depend on the model of PS2--there is a forum here for PS2--which is how I learned about it--maybe try that forum?